CALL TO ORDER:
Roll Call: 5 members present, 2 members absent, 0 members excused.
REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA:
The agenda was available for public access at the City Hall exterior bulletin board (west side of Council Chamber) and the Planning Services counter by 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 22, 2006.
1. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
Chair Marantz opened Public Comments, there being no appearances, Public Comments was closed.
Director of Planning Services, Craig A. Ewing, requested Item 2A. the minutes of November 22, 2006, be withdrawn.
2A. Minutes of November 22, 2006
2.B. 3.2981 MAJ - An Application by Desert View East, LLC to construct an approximately 5,078 square foot warehouse building located at 19116 Ruppert Street, Zone M2, Section 15, APN 666-402-005. (Project Planner: David Newell.)
Motion to To approve. Moved by Vice Chair Hochanadel, seconded by Hutcheson.
Vote to To approve. (Approved)
3. ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW: None.
4. 10.458 Letter of Determination requested by Carrie Bonica, Owner, to allow In The Doghouse property at 4711-B East Palm Canyon Drive, zoned CDN to be considered for dog care and grooming, Zone CDN, Section 30. (Project Planner: Christopher Ison, Planning Technician.)
Christpher Ison, Planning Technician, provided background information as outlined in the staff report dated December 27, 2006.
The applicant addressed the Planning Commission concerns relating to the elimination of dog waste, the location, walking of the dogs, hours of operation and the maximum number of dogs allowed.
Commissioner Scott requested the following provision be included: No overnight boarding allowed.
Commissioner Hochanadel requested staff address the control of complaints at this location.
Motion to To approve the determination, as amended: "No over-night boarding allowed." Moved by Hutcheson, seconded by Caffery.
Vote to To approve the determination, as amended: "No over-night boarding allowed." (Approved)
5. 5.0931 An Application by Century Vintage Homes to amend PDD 297 to allow a reduction of the Front Yard Setback of lot 7 and to allow patio covers. Zone PDD 297 Section 34, 3674 Mountain Gate. (Project Planner: Christopher Ison, Planning Technician.)
Christopher Ison, Planning Technician, provided background information as outlined in the staff report dated December 27, 2006. He indicated this item consists of two separate applications.
Chair Marantz confirmed with staff the side yard set-backs.
Commissioner Scott requested clarification on the administrative process for the patio covers.
Tom Hill, representing Century Homes, gave further details relating to the front yard set-back reduction and requested approval.
Motion to To approve, to allow a patio cover in the rear yard of lot 7, subject to staff’s recommendation for administrative minor modifications. Moved by Caffery, seconded by Scott.
Vote to To approve, to allow a patio cover in the rear yard of lot 7, subject to staff’s recommendation for administrative minor modifications. (Approved)
The Commission confirmed with staff the set-backs and requested clarification on the existing neighboring homes.
Commissioner Scott stated he was not in favor of reduced set-backs for simply larger swimming pool
Motion to To deny, the request to reduce the front yard setback of lot 7. Moved by Scott, seconded by Vice Chair Hochanadel.
Vote to To deny, the request to reduce the front yard setback of lot 7. (Approved)
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS: None
7. OTHER BUSINESS
8. COMMISSION WORK PROGRAM: General Plan Update Work Program Priorities and Subcommittee Assignments
Craig A. Ewing provided the status of the General Plan update.
Craig A. Ewing provided additional details on signage for temporary construction fencing.
9. CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS: Update.
10. COMMISSION/STAFF REPORTS AND REQUESTS -
Chair Marantz requested code enforcement follow-up on a complaint she had previously reported regarding a parked trailer.
11. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further comments, the meeting was adjourned at 2:05 p.m.
Dec 27, 2006 Planning Commission