Roll Call: 5 members present, 2 members absent, 0 members excused.
REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA:
The July 5, 2006 agenda was available for public access at the City Hall exterior bulletin board and the Department of Planning Services counter by 5:00 p.m. on June 30, 2006.
Vice Chair Hochanadel stated he has a business related conflict of interest and would not participate in the discussion and vote and left the Council Chamber at 2:03 p.m.
1. PUBLIC COMMENTS: (Three minute time limit.)
Chair Marantz opened the Public Comments portion of the meeting.
Vic Gainer, Palm Springs, stated that he has reviewed the changes to the draft Chino Cone ordinance since the last meeting and is pleased with some of the changes. He reminded the Commission to review the 2nd draft ordinance he previously submitted.
There being no further comments, Chair Marantz, closed Public Comments.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: None.
3. Zoning Ordinance Amendment for Chino Cone and Adjacent Areas - Consideration for an amendment to the Palm Springs Zoning Ordinance and establish new development standards for the Chino Cone and adjacent areas located southwest of Highway 111 and generally bisected by Tramway Road. Adjacent areas also affected by the proposed project include lands north of the Chino Cone along the southwesterly edge of Highway 111. (Continued from June 28, 2006 Planning Commission meeting.)
Director of Planning Services, Craig A. Ewing, gave background information on the revisions to the draft ordinance for Chino Cone based upon the Commission’s direction of the June 28th meeting.
He reported further details relating to building height and density transfer.
Chair Marantz requested modification to Item 7b, Guiding Principals: Energy Conservation, to include:
"Mechanical equipment integrated into the design of building structures and landscape plans not to be located on the rooftop".
Commissioner Hutcheson suggested adding a reference to Planning Areas 3 and 4 to indicate,
"subject to Tribe’s Specific Plan".
The Commission discussed developed and undeveloped open space.
Commissioner Roath requested clarification on Planning Area 5 and 9. The Commission concurred that Planning Area 9 is too dense and recommended 1 per 20 acres.
Craig A. Ewing stated that the resolution which has been submitted is subject to the changes, as discussed and agreed upon.
Commissioner Ringlein stated she is in favor of no development in the Chino Cone area.
Motion to That the Planning Commission recommend to City Council adoption of the Zone Text Amendment for the new "CC-SP" Chino Cone Specific Plan Zone; with the inclusion of the additional design language for Planning Area 5A, as submitted. Moved by Roath, seconded by Hutcheson.
Vote to That the Planning Commission recommend to City Council adoption of the Zone Text Amendment for the new "CC-SP" Chino Cone Specific Plan Zone; with the inclusion of the additional design language for Planning Area 5A, as submitted. (Approved)
4. ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW: None.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: None.
6. COMMISSION WORK PROGRAM:
* *General Plan Update - None.
* *Work Program Priorities and Subcommittee Assignments - None.
7. CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS: None.
8. COMMISSION/STAFF REPORTS AND REQUESTS -
Craig A. Ewing gave details relating to the discussion items for the upcoming Study Session on August 2, 2006.
Commissioner Roath stated that he would not be in attendance for the July 12th meeting.
There being no further comments the meeting was adjourned at 2:34 p.m.
9. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further comments, the meeting was adjourned at 2:33 p.m.
Jul 05, 2006 Planning Commission